Five Easy Yet Effective Scorpion Prevention Tips For Deming Properties
July 15, 2021 - Scorpions
Many types of pests live in Deming. Some are harmless and are mostly a nuisance; others pose serious risks to humans. One pest that most people fear is the scorpion. These invasive arachnids in Deming are not just scary to look at but pose a serious threat to residents in our area. If you don’t want scorpions skittering around your Deming home, here are five easy yet effective prevention tips you need to try.
Address Moisture Issues
Although scorpions live in arid environments, they need a certain amount of moisture to survive. These pests typically find moisture around properties and inside homes. To keep things dry, start by fixing leaky pipes and fixtures. Next, eliminate sources of water buildup around your house. As part of this, make sure your gutters are clean, damage-free, and flowing properly. It also helps to wipe down sinks and bathtubs before going to bed at night. Finally, to keep humidity to a minimum, use a dehumidifier inside your home.
Both inside and outside homes, scorpions like to live in clutter. To reduce clutter, start by picking up sticks, raking leaves, and cleaning up other foliage from your yard. It also helps to keep your grass cut short and your landscaping well maintained. Once you finish, address your living areas. Remove any unnecessary items and organize so that they provide fewer spaces for scorpions to hide. Do this with storage areas as well.
Seal Your Home’s Exterior
Sealing the exterior of your house will not just help with invasive scorpions; it will also help to keep out a wide range of area pests. To properly seal things off, here are some exclusion tips to use.
- Thoroughly inspect your home’s exterior foundation and around window and door frames and utility pipes for gaps and cracks that pests like scorpions might use to get indoors. Seal off these entry points using caulk or liquid cement.
- Inspect your window and door screens. Make sure they are seated properly and damage-free.
- Install weatherstripping in areas that need it and repair strips that are worn, torn, or improperly installed around your home.
- When not in use, keep unscreened windows and doors closed.
- Make sure to seal all of your exterior doors properly and install door sweeps.
Address Pest Attractants
Scorpions regularly break into homes to hunt for other pests like cockroaches, flies, and beetles. To keep these bugs from invading your living areas, you must address the things that draw them in. Here are six tips to consider:
- Fix leaky pipes, eliminate sources of water buildup, and use a dehumidifier inside your home.
- Keep your living areas clean and clutter-free.
- Make sure your trash cans have tight-fitting lids.
- Address drink spills and food messes as they occur.
- Mow your grass and trim your landscaping regularly.
Hire A Professional
There is only one way to control scorpions effectively, and that is with professional pest control services. For the absolute best pest control Deming has to offer, turn to the experts at Snowden Exterminating. We offer a range of comprehensive services to mitigate pest pressures and eliminate dangerous creatures like scorpions. All it takes is one service visit. We will evaluate your property, assess your risk, and establish long-lasting solutions to keep area pests at bay. If your home already has a scorpion infestation, we will eliminate them quickly. Contact us today to learn more about our extensive service options.