How To Identify And Get Rid Of Dangerous Spiders Around Your Deming Home
October 15, 2022 - Spiders
There's no need to panic if you see a spider crawling around your Deming home; most local spiders are harmless. However, there are a few types of spiders in Deming that can be dangerous, so it's important to be able to identify them. The pros at Snowden Exterminating will talk about the side effects of a dangerous spider bite, home defense for spiders, and how to get rid of them safely and prevent future problems with professional pest control in Deming.
How To Identify Dangerous Spiders
There are many different kinds of spiders in Deming, but only a few of them are dangerous to humans. The two most common dangerous spiders in our area are the brown recluse and the black widow:
- The brown recluse is a small spider with a dark brown body and a violin-shaped mark on its back. These spiders are usually shy and will only bite humans if they feel threatened.
- Black widow spiders are larger than brown recluses and have a black body with a red hourglass-shaped mark on their abdomen. Like brown recluses, black widows will only bite humans if they feel threatened.
These spiders and their bites can be dangerous, so you should learn how to identify them to protect yourself and your family. If you're not sure whether or not a spider you're seeing is one of these species, it's always better to err on the side of caution and call Snowden Exterminating. We'll be able to identify it, and our team of experts has the proper training and equipment to get rid of these spiders in your house the safe way.
The Side Effects Of Being Bitten By A Dangerous Spider
If you're bitten by a dangerous spider, your may experience some serious side effects. Brown recluse bites can cause skin reactions like redness, swelling, and blistering. Black widow bites can cause muscle cramps, nausea, and vomiting. In some extreme cases, brown recluse and black widow bites can even lead to death. If you're bitten by a spider and experience any of these side effects, be sure to seek medical attention immediately.
How To Safely Get Rid Of Dangerous Spiders On Your Property
If you have dangerous spiders on your property, it's important to get rid of them safely, and it's not something you should do alone. Trying to kill one of these spiders yourself with a spray or insecticide can be dangerous, so it's best to leave it to the professionals. The team at Snowden Exterminating will be able to safely and efficiently remove any dangerous spiders from your property.
How To Prevent Future Dangerous Spider Problems
You can prevent all spiders from setting up shop in your home with some simple precautionary measures:
- Keep your home clean and free of clutter. Spiders like to hide in dark, cluttered areas.
- Seal up any cracks and holes in your home's foundation and exterior walls. This will help keep spiders from getting inside.
- Remove any spider webs from around your home regularly.
- Keep your yard clean and free of debris. Spiders like to hide in tall grass and piles of leaves.
- Trim trees and shrubs away from your home's exterior. This will help keep spiders from getting inside.
If you're concerned about dangerous spiders on your property, Snowden Exterminating can help. Since 1951, we've provided Deming residents with effective home pest solutions. Our team of experts will be able to quickly identify any dangerous spiders on your property and remove them safely. We also offer regular pest control services to help prevent future spider problems. Call us today to schedule a free estimate and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Deming.