The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants On Your Deming Property
August 15, 2021 - Ants
It's no great secret that ants are some of the most numerous pests in the Deming area. With more than 12 species found in Deming alone, home and business owners have much work to do to maintain an ant-free property.
Of all the ants common to the area, four, in particular, stand out: the fire ant, the carpenter ant, the pavement ant, and the Argentine Ant. Each of these creatures has mildly different characteristics but maintains the same physiologies.
- All ants have six legs and elbowed antenna, meaning they are bent in the middle.
- Ants have very distinguishable body segments, including a head, thorax, and abdomen.
- The vast majority of ant species in Deming are less than 1/2 an inch in size.
Getting rid of an ant infestation on your own can be difficult to do. Because of the ant's large colony sizes and hard-to-reach infestation points, most over-the-counter (OTC) sprays and traps will not be able to make a significant difference. If ants are allowed to thrive for long periods of time, they may become a much more serious problem down the road. In fact, they can even be dangerous to human health.
Ant species have the ability to spread diseases, contaminate food items, and deliver painful stings leading to an allergic reaction. In some cases, these reactions may need to be treated by professional medical care. If you think that ants may be in the area, you will want to find a way to stop them as soon as possible.
How To Prevent Deming Ants With Helpful Pest Prevention
It’s a good idea to stop ants long before dealing with an encroaching infestation. To keep your home and family safe, it’s a good idea to eliminate any potential attractant factors before they appear.
Here are a few methods of ant prevention here in the Deming area:
- Start by maintaining the lawn and garden as much as possible. Trim back all overgrown vegetation, and remove any overhanging tree limbs. If there are any shrubs or plants against the side of the house, remove them immediately.
- Replace the mulching on your property with rubber or stone rather than wood. Certain ant species prefer moist lumber and will nest in the mulching as time goes on. This may bring ants closer to your home than you'd prefer.
- Stagnant water puddles should be removed from the home and yard as much as possible. Fill in potholes and ditches with topsoil. Repair leaking pipes or clogged drains as soon as you can. You may also want to run a dehumidifier in problem spaces around the home.
- Certain ant species cause more damage to the home than others. Keep an eye out for the signs and symptoms of ants, and keep track of their appearances. Let a registered pest professional know right away to eliminate the problem. The team at Snowden Exterminating will be ready to help.
Why Snowden Exterminating’s Ant Control Programs Are The Best
Ant prevention can be challenging to manage on your own. With these helpful prevention tips, you can quickly and easily stop scouting pests in their tracks. However, you will need more to exterminate an established infestation. If you think or know that additional ant infestations could be nearby, you may want to retain Snowden Exterminating's ongoing and control assistance.
Call the office at Snowden Exterminating to request our ant control program as soon as possible. We are committed to helping you get and stay safe all year long! We offer both residential pest control as well as commercial pest management services.