The Trick To Getting Rid Of An Ant Infestation In Your Deming Home
August 15, 2022 - Ants
If you've been seeing more ants than usual in and around your Deming home, there is a good chance you have an infestation. Ants can be a real nuisance, and they can also cause major problems if left untreated. Snowden Exterminating will discuss how to tell if you have an infestation, the problems ants can cause in your home, tips on home pest control for ants, and how to get rid of them for good with professional Deming pest control.
How To Tell If Your Home Has An Ant Infestation
The best way to control an ant problem is to catch it early on. Keep a lookout for these signs of an infestation:
- Ants nesting in and around your home: If you see a large number of ants congregating in one area, chances are they have found a nest.
- Trails of ants leading to food sources: If you see ants following a trail to food, it means they have found a food source and are bringing it back to the nest.
- Wood damage: If you see any damage to your property, such as sawdust near woodwork, it may be due to carpenter ants.
If you notice any of these signs, it is time to call in a professional like Snowden Exterminating for ant control in Deming.
The Many Problems Ants Can Create In Your Home
Aside from simply being a nuisance, ants can cause several other problems when they move into your home:
- Destruction of property: Carpenter ants are known for causing extensive damage to woodwork, insulation, pipes, and wiring.
- Contamination of food: Some species of ants, like the Pharaoh ant, are known for contaminating food sources.
- Spread of disease: Some species of ants can spread bacteria like salmonella and E. coli, which cause serious diseases.
- Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to ant stings or bites, which can cause swelling, itching, and difficulty breathing.
Ants may seem harmless at first, but they can cause a lot of issues if left unchecked. That is why it's a good idea to call a professional like Snowden Exterminating for ant pest control as soon as you notice an infestation.
Factors That Attract Ants Into Your Home
A few different things can lead to ants in your home, such as:
- Food sources: Ants are attracted to food, so if you have any spills or crumbs around your home, they will be sure to find them. Be sure to clean up any messes right away.
- Garbage: If you have any garbage around your home, ants will be attracted to it. Be sure to dispose of garbage properly and keep your home clean.
- Moisture: Ants are attracted to moisture, so if you have any leaks or standing water around your home, they will be drawn in. Be sure to fix any leaks and dry up any water as soon as possible.
The best way to practice ant control in your house is to remove the things that attract them. But if you already have an infestation, Snowden Exterminating will be able to get rid of it quickly and efficiently.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of An Ant Infestation In Your Home
An ant infestation can be tricky to deal with on your own. The best way to get rid of ants for good is to let the experts handle it. Snowden Exterminating can help. We've been providing reliable ant control solutions and other pest services to Deming residents for more than 70 years.
We will be able to identify the type of ants you have and get rid of them quickly and efficiently. We can also help with outdoor ant control that starts in your yard. If you are dealing with an ant infestation inside your home or out, call Snowden Exterminating today. We will be happy to help you get rid of your ant problem for good.